Redhawk Caldera i've been watching your kindness keep
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
It didn't occur to her to wonder how the girl would feel about learning of her father's unconventional (to some) choice in partners. Fin had never thought anything of it. She didn't personally see the draw in being with your own gender, but it had never done her any harm, so why bother caring. No, she was trying to determine whether or not the fact that the story didn't have that much of a happy ending would bother her. And she was shortly pleased to see that it didn't really.

She was interested to hear what Mona had to share about what she knew of her own family. Apparently she was part of an "illegitimate" litter - another concept that had little meaning to the Blackthorn. She looked the girl up and down briefly before giving a short quip in response to that one, "You look pretty legit to me." And then she let that one go.

When she asked for one of Fin's good stories, the leader was pleased. She liked talking about herself, though that unfortunately didn't make her any more talented a storyteller. "Well, once upon a time, I was going through something of a mid-life crisis," one of many... "And I decided to, ah.. vent my frustrations, by harassing a bear cub. Fun fact: Mama bears don't appreciate that." She paused to give Mona a significant look, as though fucking-with-bears-is-a-terrible-idea would somehow be a new revelation to the girl.

"So I got myself in some deep shit and probably would've gotten my ass murdered if your dad hadn't shown up when he did. We managed to fend off the bear and make an escape, but I was really badly injured and ended up passing out from blood loss. He carried me back to the Plateau and let me recover there before Peregrine's little bitch kid threw me out and sent me packing back to the Caldera. That kid was a mess," she finished, thinking back on all of that. Hadn't she been like, gnawing on her own arms at that time too? Or had that been the other bitch kid... She couldn't remember. It wasn't an important part of the story anyway.

Messages In This Thread
i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - January 19, 2018, 10:09 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - January 28, 2018, 11:17 AM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - January 30, 2018, 02:03 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - February 03, 2018, 12:27 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - February 17, 2018, 01:50 AM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - February 17, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - February 22, 2018, 02:22 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - February 26, 2018, 10:41 AM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - February 27, 2018, 10:43 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - March 03, 2018, 10:54 AM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 01:04 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - March 04, 2018, 09:53 AM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - March 05, 2018, 03:18 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - March 10, 2018, 09:08 AM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - March 17, 2018, 06:56 AM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - April 01, 2018, 08:01 AM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - April 04, 2018, 11:18 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - April 12, 2018, 06:10 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - April 15, 2018, 04:26 PM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Finley - April 22, 2018, 10:44 AM
RE: i've been watching your kindness keep - by Mona - May 02, 2018, 12:18 AM