Stone Circle and at once I knew I was not magnificent
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The slow hobble of his three legs tore at Nikai as he walked. Step, step, hop. Step, step, hop. Step, step, hop. The call sounded urgent but there was nothing urgent about his pace because he simply could not move any faster. He had been thinking he should ask Keoni about his leg, because it seemed to have only gotten worse the past couple of days and he still wasn't able to put pressure onto it. He hadn't wanted to bother her with it too much, he'd always thought it would just pass in time, but what if it didn't? Something war wrong with Valette, so he continued, a frustrated frown on his normally so chipper face — Step, step, hop —

— Step, step, hop. He saw Valette in the distance. There was someone on the ground that she was draped over. Ears perked forward as though it would help him see better. The slowness in his gait became more and more frustrating the closer he got. His heart skipped a beat as he saw his sister's shape. Forgetting everything for a moment he put his bad leg on the ground, tried to run, ran for a meter or three before he crashed to the ground with a yelp. With shaking legs Nikai heaved himself to his feet and he had no choice but to step step hop closer. The burning in his leg was easy to ignore as he watched Keoni intently. Everything else seemed to have just gone away.

As he arrived Nikai fell down by Keoni's side. He buried his face in her neck for a good moment, his body shaking softly under the weight of reality. Even Valette was forgotten for a moment, until eventually Nikai said, his voice calm and even: "Who did this?"

i assumed that @Bagheera is already gone considering Valette's post mentions her no longer being there, but if that's an incorrect assumption, please PM me and i can edit!
Messages In This Thread
and at once I knew I was not magnificent - by Keoni - January 27, 2018, 12:00 AM
RE: and at once I knew I was not magnificent - by Bhageera - January 27, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: and at once I knew I was not magnificent - by Nikai - January 29, 2018, 04:02 AM