Greatwater Lake I spend my night dancing with my own shadow
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

had she not been so hyper-aware, so unsettled that she constantly paused to scan her surroundings, she may have missed entirely the approach of another. carefully, she twisted her muzzle to stare pointedly in the direction of the slight rustle. it was all too likely that the sounds may have been some insignificant creature, some sparrow or bold rodent. and yet she could not simply ignore it, not when it too had the potential to be something edible, or some creature of the Wood. 

for a long moment, she was still, but the sound neither continued nor did its source reveal itself. her hackles rippled, and for a long moment, she too was still.  when finally she moved it was with a hunter's stalk, low and wary, gaze peeled as slowly she approached the general direction of the sound. here and then she scented the air, but the wind favored neither herself nor the sound, and thus she continued her wary approach. she was fairly visible, a fact that had her unsettled, and she chose to skirt the underbrush at the lake's edge, ears like radar dishes atop her skull. 
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Messages In This Thread
I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Cassiopeia - February 26, 2018, 09:45 AM
RE: I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Cassiopeia - February 26, 2018, 04:09 PM