The Bracken Woods all you want is milk, more than you can drink; all you want is honey
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
The sky was overwhelmed with emotion it seemed; ready at any moment to shed its tears down upon the bantering pair. They were two streaks of cream against the grayscale land, like droplets of honey on the bark of a mountain ash. It was as dark as pre-dawn and awash with gloom, and yet Semira felt none of what the weather implied. Instead, the fae smiled down upon every faded green shred of grass she saw, laughed at every kiss of the wind that nearly sent her tumbling into her partner's side. She could imagine the virescent spring colors and vibrant summer hues that would soon coat the land in their glory, and that was enough for her.

The dame sensed the pause in Horosk's breath, the shift in his footsteps, and glanced over to him with a questioning raise of her brow. Those ameranthine eyes were alight with joy, yet strung with an undercurrent of wariness. Her maw parted to begin her inquisition of the agouti male, but promptly clamped shut as the scent of others invaded her senses. Nausia ran through her, tearing at her insides breifly before settling in her stomach. 

The male's words confirmed her fears - no, her excitement. Mira wondered at the faint glimmer of anxiety that had cosumed her in those few seconds. Wondered at the butterflys that still beat against her ribcage; singing in protest of his suggestion. It was not the flapping of wings, but the thundering of her own heart. He would not know it, but the mere implication of running into a pack riddled her with worry.

Rejection versus acceptance. 

The dove stood, frozen to the ground, as he prowled closer to the treeline. "Is it... is it okay if I wait here for a second? I just need to gather myself first." She added a glance at her own pelt to her words. Allowed disapproval to show on her visage. She made it seem as though it was the mud incased in her pelt, not the angst in her heart, that worried her. The fae hated the tiny lie in her actions, but she would hate to ruin his happiness more.
-By the light of the moon-

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5