The Bracken Woods when i think back on all the crap i learned in high school
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
AW but tagging my dear @Korei Julia

Stay still. You move your tail too much.

"Shut up, Dottie," she whispered, breath stirring the dirt beneath her muzzle.

You're the one that needs to shut up. Every bit of prey for a mile is going to hear you.

Lily growled softly, muscles twitching as she watched the rabbit root around the base of the tree. The darkness of the Bracken Woods was to her advantage; her inky pelt blended in, if she stayed in the shadows, and by the time she pounced, it would be too late.

But maybe Dottie was right--maybe she was too loud. She drew in a snuffling breath, which unexpectedly echoed through the forest, and she saw the rabbit's ears perk up, its beady eyes wide in alarm. Silently cursing herself, she went still as a statue, waiting for another few long, agonizing moments for the creature to settle down.

It never really did, and Lily grew impatient. With a fleeting prayer to no god in particular, she pounced, her lithe form a dark blur. But the rabbit, on guard, had anticipated this attack, and fled, and although Lily gave a hearty chase, her clumsy paws were no match for its swiftness.

"Shit!" she exclaimed, as the dusky animal burrowed back underground, and she was left with nothing to show for her efforts.

Be quiet!

"Shut up, Dottie!" Lily chided her sister's voice, which rang mockingly through her head every time she tried to hunt. It was as if she'd never left the prairie.
Messages In This Thread
when i think back on all the crap i learned in high school - by Lily - April 03, 2018, 03:41 PM