Heron Lake Plateau I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
-steals this thread!-

The rain came down in cold, driving sheets, sapping the warmth from her limbs and making her wish very much for a nice, cozy nap in the sun. She'd been hunting for plants to rebuild her medicine stash when it had begun to drizzle, and it quickly escalated from there to an all-out monsoon. She'd done her best to continue what she was doing in spite of the rain, but it was a hassle when she kept sinking halfway to her elbows in mud and every few seconds she had to shake her coat out and blink water from her eyes. Giving it up, she had turned and headed back toward home, intending to seek shelter somewhere in the thicket at the plateau's base.

Her black fur clung to her as rain sluiced relentlessly over her body, and -- not for the first time -- she found herself wishing they had some caves or something she could hide in. Someplace dry, at least.

Spying a small copse of trees ahead, she made a beeline toward them. She approached, shaking the water from her pelt for the thousandth time, and suddenly looked up into the face of Quixote. She hadn't expected anyone to be out here in this rain, but then again, she shouldn't have been surprised. The alpha male was never idle for long, and he had maintained a strong presence in the lands around their plateau since his ascension to leadership. "Well hey," she said a little breathlessly from her run. "Fancy meeting you here, handsome stranger."
Messages In This Thread
RE: I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit - by Raven - May 27, 2018, 02:57 PM