Heron Lake Plateau I wanna stand up, a hundred feet tall
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley was fuzzy on the details of this refugee they had apparently taken in. There was something about a wild cat (a lynx maybe? Ha. Alanis Morissette-level "irony"), and Towhee and............ Yeah she was out. But in the end, everyone she cared about had come home safe, and now they were plus one useless mooch. Having been one once or twice upon a time herself, Fin showed a surprising amount of sympathy towards the stranger. It never translated into any sort of generous action - not even in an effort to give this thread a reasonable beginning. But it at least explained why when Fin happened upon the healing Ironsea brigand, she didn't just roll her eyes and stalk irritably away.

As it was, Finley just happened to cross paths with their temporary visitor. Her brows had furrowed intensely upon seeing her. She at first had thought this might be a new joiner that she hadn't become acquainted with yet. But there was something familiar about her, in a way that didn't feel like something she'd been told and had ignored because she really didn't give any fucks. She knew this woman. Somehow... Fin turned her heels towards the stranger, her eyes raking along the woman's frame in search of clues as to why she felt some connection to her. There was no black stripe along her spine, and that was all it took for Fin to be completely lost for a moment as to how she knew this wolf. But once she came nearer, and those golden eyes and kinda scoffing, careless gaze met hers, Fin remembered.

It was that fucking bitch who'd saved her life.

"You've gotta be shittin' me," Fin said, dropping to her haunches with a disbelieving half smile stretching across her muzzle. The side of the Blackthorn's face remained scarred and ragged-looking from where the porcupine had smashed its quills into her, but it was a small price to pay for her life. To thise day, she wasn't entirely sure she deserved the life she had been given back, considering how desperately she'd attempted to abandon it that day. But it had been returned, and in no small thanks to this woman before her.

Messages In This Thread
I wanna stand up, a hundred feet tall - by Rosalyn - June 04, 2018, 08:44 PM
RE: I wanna stand up, a hundred feet tall - by Finley - June 04, 2018, 09:30 PM
RE: I wanna stand up, a hundred feet tall - by Rosalyn - June 05, 2018, 09:33 AM
RE: I wanna stand up, a hundred feet tall - by Finley - June 11, 2018, 06:53 PM
RE: I wanna stand up, a hundred feet tall - by Rosalyn - June 18, 2018, 08:51 AM
RE: I wanna stand up, a hundred feet tall - by Finley - August 29, 2018, 01:52 PM