Silvertip Mountain this i know: the snow won't fall on me
billions of lighthouses stuck at the far end of the sky
209 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
There was a certain chill to the night; the hints of humidity in the area told Cortland the clouds overhead would soon sag heavy and spill their burden upon the mountain. He lingered nonetheless, having dared a climb further up the mountain's side than he normally ventured. The Mayfair was loathe to leave the spot he had discovered. It was rather perfect for stargazing— exactly what he was doing now.
He watched the night quietly, gaze occasionally drawn downward. From so high, he could see for miles; the fact lent a strange sense of security to his position. Inexplicably, however, he felt lonely. There was no reason for it— @Phocion kept him company much of the time, and Poet when he could not. Cortland had friends here... but that wasn't it, he thought. He sighed softly, turning his eyes to Ypsilos in the north and half-wondering if the star would have answers for him, would point him in the right direction. It seemed almost impossible; he wasn't even certain what he was missing. A moment later, the first drops of rain started to fall.
Messages In This Thread
this i know: the snow won't fall on me - by Cortland - July 02, 2018, 07:53 PM