Blacktail Deer Plateau lord of wolves
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"I'm fine," she murmured, ears pinned with fear as she watched Kavik struggle to rise, "lie still. You might have hurt your spine." Gently, she nudged him back into a resting position. 

Rue's call drew the healer's panicked eyes, flinching in response. 

Pain. Fear.

Teeth in her neck, blood flowing down her nape to overflow where it pooled between her shoulder blades.

Issun's plea snapped her from the past, reminding her that now was not the time to lose her grip on sanity.

She departed Kavik's side with buried reluctance - for her instinct was to stay by her injured mate and protect him - but Minori's injuries were severe. 

The aspiring medic approached the Masuyo's side, examining the head wound. It was large, freely bleeding, but not so deep as to affect the skull or brain. Liri glanced over it with a critical eye - noting the dark she-wolf's even breaths  with relief - but she was certain that the wound was worse than it looked. Blows to the head often bled more than those on other areas of the body. 

She turned, her mahogany eyes flicking over her pack mates though not really seeing them, before realizing none of them had any medical training. Even if she sent one of them to the cairns to gather her medicine, it was unlikely they would be able to recognize the herbs she would need.

"I need medicine," she whispered, eyes lifting to Issun briefly. She whirled on her paws, ignoring the pain that ripped up her back as she broke into a gallop - stumbling as she raced through the dark confines of their forest. 

She was shaking as she pawed the stones out of the way, breath trembling as she clawed out the proper herbs. Wrapping the supplies in bundles of cobweb, the healer raced back to her injured pack mates.

As she stumbled into the clearing - crimson rivulets flowing from her open wounds - she dropped the bundle near Minori. 

"Anyone who was injured, take these," she murmured hoarsely, nudging dandelion leaves and chervile root towards the group. "Help each other bind your wounds," she added, pushing a wad of cobwebs towards the pile of herbs. 

The healer's attention was taken by Minori as she rushed to her side, chewing bitter comfrey in her jaws to a gelatinous pulp. She spit the mix right into the wound, pressing the edges of it together gently. 

"Help me," she pleaded of Issun, lifting Minori's dark crown with her peppered muzzle. "Hold her head," she commanded not unkindly, too focused on aiding her friend to remember her manners. Carefully she bound the wound with cobwebs. 

"She will awaken in time, when she does she will need a friend to watch over her," her gaze lifted to Issun's - uncertain how close their newest recruit was to the woman. Liri touched her muzzle gently to his shoulder, thanking him for his assistance silently and offering comfort to her distraught pack mate. She left some herbs with the pair - for Minori when she woke up.

If any of her other wolves needed her care, Liri stopped to tend to them before returning to Kavik's side. 

"How are you feeling?" She murmured, eyes glazed with shock.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
lord of wolves - by Shardik - September 15, 2018, 10:09 AM
RE: lord of wolves - by Minori - September 15, 2018, 10:36 AM
RE: lord of wolves - by Ruenna - September 15, 2018, 11:00 AM
RE: lord of wolves - by RIP Kavik - September 15, 2018, 10:14 PM
RE: lord of wolves - by Síff - September 17, 2018, 08:32 AM
RE: lord of wolves - by Corvus - September 17, 2018, 03:14 PM
RE: lord of wolves - by RIP Grezig - September 19, 2018, 01:51 PM
RE: lord of wolves - by RIP Issun - September 19, 2018, 08:09 PM
RE: lord of wolves - by Shardik - September 24, 2018, 08:20 PM
RE: lord of wolves - by RIP Grezig - October 01, 2018, 08:34 PM