Blacktail Deer Plateau This life is more than just a read through.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri knew Kavik kept his troubles to himself, just as she knew he did it to protect her. She was a grown woman who had seen much hell in her young life; protecting was no longer something she required. Even as he spoke, she felt a simmering frustration beneath her breastbone. How could he reassure her when he was so plagued by his own stress?

"You never saw it," she murmured, haunted eyes lifting to his own. There was a glimmer of appreciation there, for that year was not one she would wish on anyone. "The locusts took every green thing in site and with the plants went the game. Wolf turned on wolf, eating each other just to survive. When the winter came it was harsh, full of blizzards. Pups froze in their dens against the bellies of starved mothers who had nothing to feed them," she whispered, shuddering. It had been hell.

"It's my first winter back in Teekon. I fear another winter like that one, but I pray to the spirits it will be mild," she said, her voice strained with hope. Kavik's reassuring words and touch led her to lean into him, wanting desperately to believe he was right. 

She was surprised when he pulled away but she followed on his heels, following him to the stream. Liri helped herself to a drink, returning his smile as she raised her head. 

Perhaps Kavik was right. Perhaps things would be easier this year, maybe she would never again experience a winter like that one.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
This life is more than just a read through. - by RIP Kavik - September 18, 2018, 01:50 AM
RE: This life is more than just a read through. - by Síff - October 04, 2018, 10:15 AM
RE: This life is more than just a read through. - by Síff - October 09, 2018, 09:58 AM
RE: This life is more than just a read through. - by Síff - October 11, 2018, 09:02 AM
RE: This life is more than just a read through. - by Síff - October 15, 2018, 09:04 AM
RE: This life is more than just a read through. - by Síff - October 19, 2018, 10:52 AM
RE: This life is more than just a read through. - by Síff - October 23, 2018, 09:01 AM