The Sentinels there's a black crow sitting across from me
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
His story was similar. The pride he felt was because of all that had been forced down his throat by his father; he was a Mayfair-Cairn, and that was something that he would never be able to shed. Perhaps, in this, Ford found a sense of respect for the young girl. She had taken what her parents had created for her and she had pushed it aside to create something of her own. There was something powerful about grasping one's own image of the future and molding it into what she wanted instead of what was wanted for her. Still, he fretted over the idea that there was something in her that was so compelled by happiness that she would abandon all that she knew only for an emotion that was fleeting.

“Loyalty is important to us... to all of us,” he explained to her with a small nod. It was; this wasn't an exaggeration of their feelings. Ford knew that both of his brothers and his sisters were ruled by their need to remain loyal to each other. Even he, with all of his detachments and the weight of his hollow soul... he could not escape the pride that had been instilled inside of him by the dark Leviathan himself. Instead, he had used it to move forward with his own plans. Better yet, he had done so in a way that had made him a warhound and one who had been touched by the storm.

Knowing that she would find discomfort in their exchange, the wraith of the water created a charming smirk on his dark lips. “We all trust you,” he tried to console her softly. That was a lot of pressure, he reminded himself inwardly. It would do them well to see how she would handle it. There was some stretching of his words, though. There was not a soul on that earth that was capable of pulling trust from the great titan. He said the word out of mimicry, but he did not know what it truly meant. His seemingly genuine pull was a dangerous weapon.
Messages In This Thread
there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - October 11, 2018, 07:25 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - October 11, 2018, 07:33 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - October 11, 2018, 07:40 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - October 11, 2018, 07:47 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - October 11, 2018, 08:35 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - October 14, 2018, 08:58 AM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - October 18, 2018, 04:50 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - October 19, 2018, 12:58 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - October 19, 2018, 09:31 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - October 24, 2018, 08:57 AM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - October 26, 2018, 01:19 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - October 26, 2018, 11:19 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - November 02, 2018, 12:46 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - November 02, 2018, 12:54 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - November 02, 2018, 01:15 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - November 02, 2018, 01:23 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - November 02, 2018, 03:28 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - November 02, 2018, 03:36 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - November 02, 2018, 04:09 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - November 02, 2018, 04:23 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - November 02, 2018, 04:37 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Dalia - November 02, 2018, 04:40 PM
RE: there's a black crow sitting across from me - by Ford - November 15, 2018, 11:20 AM