Blacktail Deer Plateau he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Her gaze found him discreetly, a pain lancing through her heart as she realized he would soon be grown. He had not allowed her to love him as a mother, as she might have, but still she had grown increasingly fond of the sharp, withdrawn child she'd found on the edges of the bank. Desperately she had wanted to soothe his hurts but she knew not of what ailment plagued her ward.

When he decided to leave it would hurt terribly, she realized.

"Illidan," came her similar reply, soft as a kiss.

She knew not if the boy had ever felt anything for her but the healer had tried to care for him. She'd lost her first son; she had no experience with children - she'd tried but in the end, whatever darkness clung to Illidan's heart could not be pierced by light. 

"You are not happy. I don't know if there is anything I can do. I don't know if there's anything anyone can do." Liri didn't bother to beat around the subject - her words came soft and earnest, as she had always spoken to him. 

"More than anything, I pray that you find happiness," she continued. "Even if it is not with us." She did not look to him but in her own way, she had given him her blessing to go if that was what he wanted. Liri would not trap him here, not if he longed for life beyond their borders.

With that weight off her chest, she again lapsed into silence to wait for his response. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."