Stone Circle Lay me down to sleep
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
;-;

Something was wrong.

He had known it for a little while, but he thought perhaps optimism might clear his thoughts, might heal what he could not bear to lose - but his foolish mind had been wrong, and he knew it. The man had not slept, and it showed on his features; he looked terribly worn, and his mind was beginning to become plagued with doubt. He often dreamed of Illecebra, and his lost family, those who were among the dead and those who had disappeared into the autumn's fog, never to be seen again. His heart hurt, it felt like a deep wound in his chest, one that he could not reach to heal, and it made him feel weak - perhaps he was not a warrior after all, was not a protecter. Who, exactly, had he managed to protect?

He heard his name on the wind, and at first he had believed it only to be his mind, playing tricks on his tired soul - but it was repeated, and it grew louder as he walked, more real. Snapping out of his trance, Mawk began to race toward the sound and only stopped once his mate materialized into his vision, as beautiful as she had always been, and yet looking terribly lost. This was not right. She was not okay. He could see it, in the glassy surface of her eyes, the feverish shaking of her pelt; she was sick, but he did not know how to cure her. "Cebra, cebra, i'm here. It's okay, i'm with you."

The man nestled himself close, frowning as he felt the burning skin coating her body. Should he find a healer? Surely they would know what to do. His breaths were becoming short, panicked as he did his best to comfort her, to show her he was there.
Messages In This Thread
Lay me down to sleep - by Illecebra - October 26, 2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Mawk - October 26, 2018, 12:55 PM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Illecebra - October 28, 2018, 11:24 PM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Mawk - October 29, 2018, 11:11 AM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Illecebra - October 31, 2018, 10:58 AM
RE: Lay me down to sleep - by Mawk - October 31, 2018, 01:25 PM