Lost Creek Hollow Don't be afraid of the dark? What are you kidding me?
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Nunataq lept, aiming for Rannoch's neck; their practice spar began. With a low, playful growl, he shook his neck in an attempt to shake her off. When that seemed ineffective, Rannoch changed his tactic—he nudged his shoulder towards her. Nunataq let go and retreated suddenly, chocking on the fur she had collected in her mouth. Although it was not how he had anticipated getting rid of her, it had worked.  Rannoch studied her, wondering what her next move would be. 

Her recoil was calculated, and she moved to grab his nearest foot. When he felt her mouth close around his foot, he shook it again. Rannoch would not counteract with an attack—this was just practice, and he figured that this would be good enough for now. When Rannoch could not remove her, Nunataq moved to go for the other paw—and changed her mind mid-stride. Rearing, she pulled him into a hug and aimed for his ear. Thankfully, Rannoch was able to dodge at just the right moment. With an excited light in his eyes, Rannoch smiled at Nunataq and bumped her cheek with his nose. Seeing this show of affection as an opportunity, Nunataq tried to fit half of Rannoch's head in her jaws.

There was no way out, they both knew this. "Alright, alright," Rannoch said. "You win this time, Nuna." Accepting her victory, Nunataq dismounted and backed up a step, her expression inviting, and her tail wagging to and fro. Rannoch was well aware that she wanted to go again, everything about her body language told him this. But, unfortunately, Rannoch knew he'd get an earful from @Tarot he continued their spar.

"I wish I could," he replied with a frown. "I have to be careful about my shoulder," he explained,  "It's been hurt, and I can't risk getting it even more hurt." Despite Nunataq's understanding, she seemed disappointed. "Next time," he promised with a wag of his tail, and this promise seemed good enough for Nunataq. Seeing that they were done, for now, she nodded and turned tail. 

"See you around, Nunataq," Rannoch called after, watching as she went off to find something else to get into. Once she was out of site, Rannoch turned in the opposite direction set off. He'd go and find Tarto to see if he had done anything to his shoulder. Although it didn't feel like he had done anything, he wanted to make sure.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't be afraid of the dark? What are you kidding me? - by Rannoch’s Ghost - January 19, 2019, 02:41 PM