Heron Lake Plateau now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
oh bother, she was certainly sad. no waterworks came, though, which was good. tegan gave a gentle sigh as she started talking and even tried to joke around about it... tegan wasn't sure he bought it. humor was his defense mechanism, bat couldn't slide past him so easily. as much as he hated dealing with emotions, he didn't want his lil pal all sad and wet in the face.

"i never stopped calling you bat," he returned, trying to ease the tension out of her. sure, to others he'd called her rory, but tegan had kept calling her bat to her face. it was like a fun little secret... on top of all the lies she told. "you know you gotta come clean about everything. and you better not drag me with you-- we made a deal, and i don't wanna get in trouble cause of this," he began, deciding to stick to saving his own ass before he dealt with hers. he'd get around to it. he gauged her reaction, and then continued.

"if you want you can use me as an excuse to avoid ya motha and ya brotha and whoever else is tagging along. just come spend nights at my den so you don't have to sleep near them and drag me out on patrols or some bullshit during the day," he offered with a shrug, "i mean, i hate patrolling, but my concussions better and i've been doing plenty of my duties again so just whatever easy excuse you can find i'll help you out with." easy enough, probably. tegan didn't mind the company at night time, truthfully. since the incident at blackfeather tegan found he sometimes had nightmares involving his own death. it was bullshit. horse coochie. tegan was so not about it. but... when bat hung out he didn't really have them.

bat, or if tegan snuck off to @Finley's den. mama has the cure to everything.

either way, tegan hadn't told bat why he'd asked her to stick around so much-- just that he wanted company. the truth would probably come out soon. tegan hoped not too soon but... well, who knows. 

"does that sound okay?" he asked with a quirk of his brow and a toothy smirk.