Heron Lake Plateau I'm staring down myself, counting up the years
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
In the wake of her mother's devastation, Kiwi's bravado and cavalier attitude dissolved. Holding back tears herself, she softly hoped aloud that nothing would come of any of this. Wildfire held her even more tightly, still crying quite hard, and shook her head up and down. She hoped Artaax would rethink the situation... that Thuringwethil wouldn't do anything with the information if he did give it... that there was nothing to fear, even as natrona.

When her daughter buried her head against her, Wildfire's forelegs came up to embrace the youth's shoulders. Her own crying softened as she gently cradled Kiwi, making soothing noises now. "I wish it didn't have to be like this," she murmured into the fuzzy crown of her child's head. Leaving Drageda never would've been an easy choice, yet it shouldn't have bred this much fear and hatred among loved ones. It should've only been the heartache of a family divided, not broken. Just because Wildfire couldn't be with the commander anymore shouldn't have spelled doom for any of their children, nor their relationships.

A hefty sigh ruffled the furs atop Kiwi's head as Wildfire's crying spell finally wound down completely. "I love you, Kiwi, and I'm happy you're here with me, despite everything." She withdrew just far enough to look the girl in the face. With a watery smile, she thought to add, "If you ever decide to go anywhere, just tell me so I can say goodbye and wish you well. I'll wait for you always, with open arms." She shifted the forelimbs still draped around her daughter as if to demonstrate. "Although I secretly hope you'll stay here always," she concluded with a playfully wrinkled (and drippy) nose.
Messages In This Thread
I'm staring down myself, counting up the years - by Wildfire - December 10, 2018, 12:46 PM
RE: I'm staring down myself, counting up the years - by Wildfire - December 10, 2018, 07:42 PM