Heron Lake Plateau Everything means something and something has occurred
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Also as a note, I'm using underline for crud that gets coherently pteroed, and then curly brackets for when things differ {don't mean the same} vs what he says out loud because Qui is garbage.  It's basically the only way I could figure out how to communicate it but if someone has a better option LMK, haha.

So even as Phox tried to interrupt him, it was obvious that that kid really didn't have a clue what he was actually complaining about.  He just wanted to complain.  And, being proven that his initial statement was wrong, now was moving the goalposts to try and find something so he could be pissed!  Ah, lovely.

He eyeballed the approach of Camilla, another reason he was glad he hadn't gone and started talking about Niamh's more major problems.  Either way, Towhee finally interrupted, huzzah.  A minor victory, but one he was searching for so that hopefully Phox's babbling could be entirely dismissed.  And she scared off Camilla too.  Whether Quixote even knew her name, I'm not even sure, but she was sure as hell out of there.  Either way, he had to try and keep from smirking, managing to keep his face relatively unemotional as he took a seat.

Let's not forget that Quixote knew enough ptero to know roughly what Phox was saying, responding calmly, You might not care if everyone else knows your business.  Some do.  I don't know what Niamh wants, and since she never mentioned you I'm erring on the side of caution.  He had plenty more examples he could have used to prove his point but Phox wasn't really worth wasting his breath on if he was just being angry for the sake of it.

And if Towhee was still glaring at her brother, he waited to catch her eye before directing the next bit just to her (not that it was exactly private), I'll be happy and willing to tell you all of it.  Translator not needed.  I'll manage {I'll try}. It's a short story.  Quixote usually just avoided using ptero, partially because it made him feel even worse at talking than the spoken word already did, and Towhee knew that he wasn't good at it by now.  His vocabulary was limited, the motions not exactly precise, but it wasn't like he slept through the kids' lessons.  His usage of it in public?  Basically never.  It did condense and somewhat slow his spoken word as well just because he had to think more about what was going on but eh.  You need to know, and Niamh needs restBut I'm only telling you.  And if that wasn't enough for Towhee, he didn't know what was.  Just make Phox go away, ez pz.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Everything means something and something has occurred - by Quixote - December 14, 2018, 12:32 AM