Alpine Lake Deep Freeze
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
"Most lakes should be shallow at their banks." This kid wasn't so bad, she decided. Cold silver eyes turned back towards the frozen lake. "Though some might take you by surprise." She had come across such a lake once. When she was young, in her days with the pack. Tzila and her age mates had learned a lesson that day; never be deceived and always favor caution over bravery.

"Back home huh?" Her dark brows lifted, head tipping so she could look the girl out of the corner of her eye. "And where is that...if it isn't too much to ask?" She wouldn't press for information of which she wasn't entitled to. Tzila may not be the most amicable of wolves at times, but she was no monster out to get the innocent or weak. She cleared her throat. "I visited the Wilds briefly, months ago. I only just returned, and I've yet to familiarize myself."

The pack wolf seemed to think that she and the dark yearling were a team, in solving the mystery of whether the ice was safe to walk out on or not. Inside, Tzila smirked. What was the harm in a little extra help? If the ice gave way, then at least the odds were more in her favor of making it out safely, with another body on hand. She shook her head. "Nah. There's a method I use first." She fixed Bat with a steady look, a cue for her to watch. "I keep my rear paws on the bank...for safety. And then..." With a arch of her spine, the inky female reared up on her back legs. On plunge down, she stiffened her forelegs, letting her paws thud against the ice. It groaned and squeaked from the impact, but held. "If it's shallow, even if it does break, I wouldn't worry. If anything is in there, it'll be easy to reach."
Messages In This Thread
Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - December 30, 2018, 11:03 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - December 30, 2018, 11:15 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 02, 2019, 05:21 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - January 02, 2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 02, 2019, 08:17 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - January 02, 2019, 08:47 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 03, 2019, 09:40 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - January 07, 2019, 09:37 AM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 12, 2019, 04:51 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - January 14, 2019, 10:52 AM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 21, 2019, 10:36 PM