Totoka River if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry was elated. 

Not only had they dispersed their former animosity, but he would be given the chance to build a relationship with the young man and watch him grow. This would be his first encounter with mentorship and counseling, and he fully expected there to be fluctuations in what proved beneficial and what should remain omitted. 

Embry allowed only a small gimpse of this alactrity to scratch the surface of his oceanic orbs. His thoughts had spiralled quickly at the boy's words. It was true, what he said - his wounds were extensive and would need time to heal completely. Quite a few moons would pass before they would again meet like this.

He smiled, anyhow. Smiled because they would be different then; older and, perhaps, changed. "I look forward to it," Embry met his gaze, hoping he could convey this pretense. After a few breaths, he pivoted and fully turned his back on the shrouded wolf. It was a sign of trust in the Wilds, and something among warriors that set a distinction between them. He wasn't bothered that he knew not the name of his pupil. He could easily have asked as he withdrew, and, yet, names were a gift. He would wait for their first lesson.

Embry did not look back. He never did, either - he was a man heading forward. But as he walked, his tail brushed in content pendulum against the trailing blood and dust. And, that day, the bridge between peace and war was only an inch in length.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
RE: if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself - by Embry - January 19, 2019, 11:08 AM