Stavanger Bay Pawprints Towards the Sand
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Ah, there it was; questions about the culture. It was to be expected. No matter how well he tried to explain his intentions of the land and their growth there, there would be times when he would reference something outside of another individual's knowledge base. It did not frustrate the titan, nor did it make him feel as though he had done a poor job. He took each query in strides and made sure that he was able to address what he could for the new member of the rift. So, when Howl mentioned that he did not intend to cause offense with his query, Ford glanced toward him with a calculating expression.

“Witchdoctors are medics and shamans in my home. They are highly spiritual creatures who pride themselves on their abilities to communicate with the life around them,” he explained carefully. They were also foul devils who were capable of devastating feats when they had been assigned to such duties. He had heard that the strongest of them had been able to call in storms that could tear the seaside to shreds.

Then, Howl seemed to want to know about how the bay had fallen out of the grasp of the Cairn family, and why it was that it needed to be reclaimed. That was more complicated, the titan realized as he led the dark fellow through the territory. “This used to be the home of Blackrock Depths, and my father Skellige ruled over the territory with a firm plan. He banded together and formed alliances with several other packs in the close area. One of which was the home to my mother...” he answered in a smoky voice. His gaze strayed away from his companion and to the waters.

“He had been ambitious and sought to rule over the entire coast,” the fool. Ford had never understood how blind ambition would have amounted to any such thing. There was more to ruling than simply wanting. While the Leviathan Skellige had done things well, he had missed out on many opportunities that would have made him indomitable. “In the end, he returned to his home with the woman he loved, and decided that his children would be more capable of accomplishing what he'd wanted. I have my own plans, though. I am not my father.”
Messages In This Thread
Pawprints Towards the Sand - by Howl - January 11, 2019, 01:06 AM
RE: Pawprints Towards the Sand - by Ford - January 13, 2019, 06:41 PM
RE: Pawprints Towards the Sand - by Howl - January 17, 2019, 08:56 PM
RE: Pawprints Towards the Sand - by Ford - January 18, 2019, 05:13 PM
RE: Pawprints Towards the Sand - by Howl - January 23, 2019, 03:57 PM
RE: Pawprints Towards the Sand - by Ford - January 23, 2019, 04:14 PM