Two Rivers Isle I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She tried to stop, sucking in several noisy breaths and letting them out in audible whooshes. Wildfire felt like she might actually get control of herself when she sensed Eljay moving closer. Although he surely sought to comfort her with his nearness and his words, it actually had the opposite effect: she took one look at him and burst into a fresh round of tears, which she hid against his shoulder.

She clung to him like that for a few minutes, giving up on trying to stop and just letting it happen. Although Eljay's own shuddering and tears exacerbated her crying jag, Wildfire found it strangely cathartic. She had cried on other people plenty of times. Seldom had she ever cried with someone else. She'd always known he was an empathetic sort but she hadn't realized the real breadth of his tender heart until this moment. Just like she'd never noticed how good he smelled until her sniffling nose was buried in his fur.

At last, Wildfire drew back, though she didn't go far. She shuffled a bit to fix the angle, then let her cheek settle on Eljay's shoulder. It still shook a little, though she found it deeply comforting. She closed her eyes and worked on steadying her breathing for a moment. Although they were really a hot mess, she found herself giving silent thanks that Eljay had come to her today. He might be awkward and self-conscious to a fault, yet he was so good and wholesome, exactly the sort of person she needed right now.
Messages In This Thread
I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 12, 2019, 03:46 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 13, 2019, 06:52 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 13, 2019, 09:27 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 14, 2019, 05:40 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 14, 2019, 09:25 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 15, 2019, 10:37 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 15, 2019, 06:10 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 16, 2019, 04:20 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 16, 2019, 09:54 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 16, 2019, 10:50 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 16, 2019, 11:04 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 16, 2019, 04:18 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 16, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 17, 2019, 03:23 AM