Heron Lake Plateau Motivation proclamation
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin braced herself for impact as Elwood broke the news to their kids. She expected shouting and angry and tears and hurt and just all of the worst things. But all things considered, they actually took it... Not well exactly, but... Not dramatically at least.

It was a little disappointing, actually.

She peered at her kids as some shared glances, some spoke aloud and others just... crumpled. Tegan worried her the most. It wasn't like him to not speak, but she knew perfectly well where this personality shift had stemmed from. It felt terribly cruel to leave him so soon after he'd lost Bat, and yet she had her reasons. Whatever they were. What were they?

I'm assuming Tywyll spoke last and announced his intention to stay, sealing both his and Cinder's futures. If I'm wrong about that, Java can slap me and I'll edit. She looked over at Phox who had probably taken the news the best of any of them, Clover notwithstanding, and answered his question. "In a few days," she said before turning to look at the group as a whole once more.

"You guys should know that this decision wasn't easy to make," she started, feeling compelled to try to explain even though she was soooo going to make it worse, I cringe, "But this is what's best for your dad and I. And in a lot of ways - a lot of more important ways - I think this is going to be really good for you kids too. And at the end of the day, we aren't going very far. We'll visit all the time, and you guys can come see us as well, any time you want."

Her voice hitched then, causing her to swallow hard. She leaned into Elwood and turned her gaze to him, silently asking him to say something else - something that would re-convince her even that this was what they needed to do.

Messages In This Thread
Motivation proclamation - by Elwood - January 15, 2019, 01:03 PM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Cinder - January 15, 2019, 01:14 PM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Phox - January 15, 2019, 01:36 PM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Towhee - January 15, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Clover - January 16, 2019, 12:40 PM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Tegan - January 16, 2019, 01:28 PM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Finley - January 16, 2019, 01:40 PM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Elwood - January 18, 2019, 12:51 PM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Cinder - January 20, 2019, 07:22 AM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Phox - January 22, 2019, 04:43 PM
RE: Motivation proclamation - by Towhee - January 23, 2019, 12:42 PM