Blackfeather Woods and took my eyesight quite away
killing is the most natural thing in the world; we're created for it
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
oof ;;; it's been a good run. and i love you both <3

blackness loomed, but relmyna was comforted by the fact that her daughters were near, that they had heard, that they would understand. astara touched her, and while the listener knew she and her children had not oft been physically affectionate, it was good to close her eyes now, to reach a foreleg out and touch the nightcub's sable ruff.
unsure if averna would venture close, but knowing always that her daycub had belonged more to the spirits than to her, relmyna felt her chest clenching with both sorrow and the nature of death, that it stole slowly one's ability to draw breaths. sorrow to leave them in the ruins of blackfeather, but none for herself.
for she knew now more than she ever had before, and that the knowing of it was honey in her mouth.
oh! but she did not want to leave averna and astara. so much there was left to teach them, so much there was left to tell them. wisdom to impart. for a moment she suffered a mother's reluctance, fighting against the dire dog's-head of shadow that glinted in the corner of her turquoise eyes. 
no. she would not depart her daughters believing she had failed them. she had not; she had entrusted to their young hearts the secrets of what she knew, and the spirits of this place would grant them the rest. they, for their silence and their oddities, were the most pious, effortlessly, simply by dint of their being. relmyna allowed herself then the first grace she had ever shown herself, the thought i have done well.
the flutter of wings sounded again; the sound of it rushed into her ears and a great buoyancy held the woman. her heartbeat was a distant cadence, one that slowed, slowed, until it beat three times once more and fell into its first and last silence.
but not before relmyna fixed her seafoam gaze upon some distant place between the eartip of her huddled daughter and the silent one, between astara and averna, her nightcub, her daycub, and to herself uttered audibly a single syllable.
"vuk."
mouthed words | thoughts
[Image: bfw2.png]
Messages In This Thread
and took my eyesight quite away - by Relmyna - January 19, 2019, 10:27 PM
RE: and took my eyesight quite away - by Astara - January 19, 2019, 11:49 PM
RE: and took my eyesight quite away - by Averna - January 22, 2019, 08:32 AM
RE: and took my eyesight quite away - by Relmyna - January 25, 2019, 02:11 PM
RE: and took my eyesight quite away - by Astara - January 25, 2019, 07:52 PM
RE: and took my eyesight quite away - by Averna - January 29, 2019, 05:38 AM
RE: and took my eyesight quite away - by Relmyna - February 02, 2019, 01:09 PM
RE: and took my eyesight quite away - by Astara - February 02, 2019, 01:55 PM