Swiftcurrent Creek I keep you warm and won't ask you where you've been
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He would be lying if told himself that he didn't hope some day she would look at him with something better than anger or indifference, but he deserved it and accepted it as part of his punishment. Her words made him wince, and he looked away. He hadn't intentionally kept it from her, but with everything else going on, he guessed there had just never been a good time to bring it up. He sighed, sad, emerald gaze finding her again. Yes, Liri, he started. It had been a while since he said her name out loud; he honestly couldn't remember when he last uttered the word, but it felt like someone had kicked him in the gut. She was very sick for a while before the coyote attack, and now-- he stopped, swallowing hard against the resurfacing of the grief that had been outweighed by his guilt lately. Now, she's missing, and I don't know if I'll ever see her again, he finished quietly. Each day that passed without knowing where she was made it seem less likely that she was even still alive. He had to push the thought away, not wanting to fall apart in front of Myrren. She didn't need to see him like that when she already had so much going on, nor did he deserve anything resembling sympathy from her. I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to keep it from you, he offered once he had collected himself. He knew it didn't make up for anything, but he felt like he should at least assure her that he wasn't trying to keep secrets from her.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: I keep you warm and won't ask you where you've been - by RIP Kavik - January 25, 2019, 04:21 PM