Deepwood Weald If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I want to go
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He let Alarian settle against him before encircling him and pushing his nose into the other man's fur. He kept it there while silence settled between them, taking in his lover's scent with each inhale as they both said nothing for a little bit. Silence never bothered Midar, and he was pleasantly distracted now anyway by an overwhelming feeling of calm and contentment that made him wish they could just stay there forever. He wished he could bottle the feeling up and bring back out anytime he felt angry or frustrated or was being tortured by his memory loss. 
Then Alarian began to speak, and a few times the beast wanted to say something in return, but he didn't really get much of a chance, so he just let his mate finish saying what he needed to say, a small smile curving his lips at the words, and his feeling of contentment growing. He tightened around him, embracing him for a few seconds before speaking. I love you too, he replied first. I... he paused, unsure how to say what he wanted to say. It was very confusing and overwhelming for him, and he hadn't really been in a position to speak about his feelings before now, so he found himself a little unprepared. I, um, don't really know how to put into words how much I love you, he added next. He lowered his muzzle to Alarian's fur again, inhaling deeply to steady himself and compose his thoughts. But I'm not going anywhere...I don't think I could ever be without you, Alarian, the beast stated quietly, nose still buried in his lover's fur. I--don't know how to explain, he started again but immediately fell silent. He drew in his mate's scent once more, resigning to the fact that he wasn't sure he could form the correct words just now. It was like Alarian was a fundamental part of him now, and without him, Midar would be nothing--a shell that would decay into the darkness; it was intense, and he wasn't sure he could ever find the right words to completely encompass how it actually felt, but he hoped, somehow, his mate understood.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
Messages In This Thread
RE: If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I want to go - by Midar - March 02, 2019, 12:53 AM