Firefly Glen i am flesh and i am bone
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
the placements of the small glowing bugs in that exact moment would make the young woman's gaze to appear cracked into two separate colours- giving the illusion of being bicoloured when they were in fact, not. her right eye remained shielded by the shadows and was as black and pitless as those of a shark whilst her left orb was caught in the bug's direct light and glowed an almost feverishly bright hazel, the colour misleadingly soft for the emptiness held beyond. these mismatched eyes of course never left the man if he even deserved to be called that, brute suited him better. his stoic demanour did nothing to throw her off, she knew better than anyone that anything could be taking place beneath such a facade especially when she'd dare say he was almost as good at keeping such emotion locked away as her. although whether it was a gift or a curse could certainly be debatable. 

his words -even accompanied by the slightest upturn of dark lips- brought no change to the increasingly icy demanour she was observing him with as the initial surprise of his presence wore off and she got a better grasp of control over the situation. "always been one for the humour" was the only dry remark given before the usual silence resumed its slow twisting dance between them. a gentle inhale would leave her noticing that yet another pack scent now clung to her company's dark coat, a smell she wasn't familiar with but it was too strong to suggest he'd travelled any distance so it had to be around here. new maybe? nevertheless such questions would never be spoken aloud despite her budding curiosity as to why he had left blackfeather woods. his name had never been mentioned in her time there granted she hadn't done a whole lot of socializing but still. it was a shame that the listener had passed, tundra would have liked to possibly learn more from the experienced woman but so was the way of life, although she didn't share the other pack wolves belief in any gods on the off chance any of it was real she hoped the woman was at peace.

an icy breeze snaking its way through the tightly woven branches and causing a shiver to race down her spine sent her crashing back into the present, at least the shiver was caused by something explanable. a brow arched slightly when the beast came closer- seemingly occupied by the sky above. she was almost surprised when his deep voice sounded again, only almost but that was applaudingly close on his part. 

for a few moments she said nothing because frankly, she didn't know. it had just...happened and since she was usually a being that did nothing without a reason this irritated her. "couldn't tell you" she'd mutter lamely, piercing gaze fixed off into the distance. "maybe i got tired of the aimless wandering" she was suggesting it to herself as much as to him but honestly, she just did not know. the words stung in her mind. her eyes drew back to he just as his found their way back to her but this time she met him head on with complete calmness- determination to not let him into her head as strong as ever.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 08, 2019, 11:36 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 09, 2019, 06:51 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 09, 2019, 07:49 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 22, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 26, 2019, 12:14 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - April 03, 2019, 11:45 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - April 07, 2019, 07:05 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - May 06, 2019, 05:02 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - June 04, 2019, 11:20 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - June 05, 2019, 04:03 PM