Firefly Glen i am flesh and i am bone
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
the skin would prickle behind her ear, the sensation ticklish and causing her to instinctively give her head the slightest of shakes- ear twitching to dislodge the whatever could be the cause. and although such a progress commenced to deal with this small little issue it was in reality the smallest of movements and done with no brain power whatsoever- instinct simply taking over to do its thing. because honestly, tundra's eyes had been focused on the unnamed man the entire time, a tickled ear did nothing to distract her. yet out of the corner of her eye she'd spot one of the glowing bugs departing from where it must've perched atop her head and for this she'd allow her attention to divert itself as she'd watch it return to its....friends? did bugs even actually feel anything? they seemed so...struggling to find a word she'd simply put it down to the way that plants did live in some strange way- they grew like themselves but weren't exactly alive. bugs seemed similar to that but obviously a bit more advanced, like they moved around n shit- plants tended not to do that. 

but perhaps it was just a superiority thing, did they really have any more rights than these little glowing creatures? were they not all just infinitesimal in their own right, to a bug its life could be as important and full of meaning to it as hers was to she. frowning lightly a mental shake would take place- she tended to go off on a tangent like that much too often. 

nevertheless her company seemed to perhaps have fallen prey to his mind too although it was an unsurprisingly difficult thing to confirm as orbs as icy as they were- were as hollow as a starless night sky beyond their sharp defences. quite unlike his pelt which she could compare to a more star scattered sky for although she simply referred to him as being dark in colour- should she allow herself to observe him more which of course had been happening in the back of her mind the whole time she'd just cared not to admit it- the dark cloak that covered him so nicely was in fact broken by dustings of silver. she'd blink- feeling oddly ashamed by her thoughts as if it was wrong to appreciate that there was in fact a rugged beauty to him. but one could appreciate the look of something without it meaning anything so why did she feel like she was betraying herself by admitting such a thing?

he spoke- deep tones laden with ice sneaking deep into her ears and yet his words were of simple agreement. it hadn't been what she'd expected although really she didn't know enough about him to have a solid idea as to what was to be expected. nevertheless dark eyes would simply press against his icy orbs- such a stark contract colour wise but couldn't be more similar in their guarded demeanor. except perhaps that her gaze when appearing more hazel in colour could give off a false sense of gentleness whilst his appeared ready to pierce you from the start.

no words left her jaws but there was a sharper intensity with which she observed him and although her eyes remained as void as ever they were no longer so narrowed- no she watched him through a quite wide and circular gaze. in truth she actually had rather large, captivating eyes but they were almost always narrowed for one reason or another. she came now to wonder did the man actually feel anything now under this perhaps protective layer or nothing, had something caused him to learn to lock away emotion as it were the true enemy? or had he always been like that? had anyone always been like that? 

this would have her think of herself now, never had she considered her lack of emotion to be a loss. it had always been a strength, an advantage but the corrupted relationship she had with her feelings now left her wondering would she ever be able to find them again? would they forever be lost to some depth she could not reach- only experiencing the briefest fleeting feelings of raw, intense emotion that would simply be followed by hollow unease. yet the smallest memory of intense pain sounded somewhere far off and she'd inhale sharply- for once not caring if he noticed for it had been not him that caused the reflex. it simply reminded her as to why it was better to appreciate the lack of emotion flowing through her veins.

he'd speak once more and her dark eyes would refocus upon his features. siding her little inhale- nothing else had cracked the aloof look she maintained so well and it remained even stronger now. she'd permit a wry smile to crawl across her jaw as she'd murmur back in soft tones. "oh i don't know i think 'the woman from the woods' suits quite well don't you?" however upon watching him for a few more moments the smile would fade and her head would tilt slightly to the side. "tundra" the word would escape on her soft exhale- such a simple word but to them perhaps a rather big gesture. she'd say nothing else but her gaze expressed what words didn't need to; 'so are you going to offer up or leave me hanging?'
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 08, 2019, 11:36 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 09, 2019, 06:51 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 09, 2019, 07:49 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 22, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 26, 2019, 12:14 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - April 03, 2019, 11:45 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - April 07, 2019, 07:05 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - May 06, 2019, 05:02 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - June 04, 2019, 11:20 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - June 05, 2019, 04:03 PM