Firefly Glen i am flesh and i am bone
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
her heart continued its delicate flutter behind an ironclad breast, safe to behave in such a manner with the knowledge of the protection its vessel grants. but maybe it overestimates her strength, because she's cracking and no longer feels such a strong desire to fight it. deep down...deep down she wants to fucking shatter. her lungs expand to allow for a deep, steadying inhale as she seeks the coolness of the night air to keep her steady despite feeling like a wildfire had been lit within and now ran rampage through her- leaving behind it a trail of beautiful destruction.

he intrigued her on so many levels, dark eyes never ceasing their restless search of his face. there had to be something more there...he was not the metal man he perhaps thought himself to be. for she was alive wasn't she, and he hadn't tried to force himself on her either and not to sound cocky or anything but it wasn't a lack of wanting, no, she'd felt him as much as she'd felt herself during their previous encounter. so she would continue to wait, play the game of patience until something would be presented to her because she knew it would- there was something there and she craved its release no matter what the consequences would hold.

he offered her no thanks for the offering up of her name, not that she'd ever expected as much but she'd wish more than anything to know what went on within his mind as those shards of ice never left her form. burning her where they landed as if they too were fire, draped in false cool toned safety. they wouldn't extinguish her fire, no they wanted to feed it, feed it until it burnt them both down. she swallows, surprised to find her mouth as dry as a barren desert and a dull spark of anger would flare up at her body's own betrayal. how dare it strip her mouth of its moisture for this. 

but then he spoke, voice both sounding as if it were locked away somewhere deep in the pits of an icy hell yet also as smooth as a spring river bubbling seamlessly across a pebbled bed. "aries.." she echos back, letting the name roll from her tongue. it's not one she's heard of before nor can she associate it with anything, it's simply that. it's him. that's all a name needs to be isn't it? her gaze grows distracted by the glowing bugs for a long few moments but when they finally find their way back to his as they always would- there's an expectant look to which he grants her with. with a slow blink she stands and walks steadily towards him but does not stop when reaching him in fact she simply veers very slightly to the side and moves to walk past him, letting her side run along his with each step as if they were enclosed in some tight tunnel and had no choice but no, there was a whole lotta empty space cradling her other side. 

her gaze would shift down only once to examine how easily the dark and light strands came together- intertwining and reaching for each other as she stepped slowly along his side, never stopping until she lingered behind him, suddenly free to the night air once more and feeling strangely out of breath as if she'd just raced to the other side of the wilds. she doesn't turn, continuing to stand with her back to him and face the other direction but words now slip free from creamy jaws; "why did you leave blackfeather woods?" the pack no longer existed but, he'd left long before that. she wanted to know why. there were no niceties offered, no 'only if you want to say' because she knew well he wouldn't offer any back. there'd be no 'sorry im not comfortable discussing that', if he didn't want to tell her he simply wouldn't and so she merely waited- eyes fixed steadily in the direction that would be taken to reach the forest that had once been home to them both just never at the same time.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 08, 2019, 11:36 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 09, 2019, 06:51 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 09, 2019, 07:49 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - March 22, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - March 26, 2019, 12:14 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - April 03, 2019, 11:45 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - April 07, 2019, 07:05 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - May 06, 2019, 05:02 PM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Tundra - June 04, 2019, 11:20 AM
RE: i am flesh and i am bone - by Aries - June 05, 2019, 04:03 PM