Northstar Vale Its the sunrise
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri remains silent as his words strike her auds, dark gaze lowered and averted. She has since learned that Sorin is adroit at reading the emotions she keeps hidden in the depths of her gaze and has no desire to allow him to transcribe the mute pain in her eyes. 

She knows only too well how dangerous it can be to remember. 

He is there ahead of her, if only she could reach. 

Her tiny body twists and wriggles as she forces herself through the brambles and undergrowth - clawing in her desperation to reach him despite the thorns that leave gashes in her flesh where ruby droplets leak freely like rain. 

The healer cries out for him, pleading for him not to go. 

Whispers of memories past reach her ears faintly - promises of love and exclusion, vows of never leaving her side, oaths of being the only one for him. 

He turns then and for one splendid, horrible moment she can see his face as clear as day - adoration in his jade optics, an all too familiar grin etching across his features. 

The ground crumbled beneath her paws and the fae woke with tears on her face and fresh pain tearing at her heart. 

"It has only as much power over you as you let it, " the northron confides at last, softly, though she cannot bring herself to look at him still. 

The whisper is closer, she can feel the warmth of his breath on her ears as her pallid crown turns. 

Her heart leaps into her throat at his proximity - though not out of fear. A flush spreads along the nape of her neck as her eyes dart away once more, confusion swirling in the mahogany hues. 

Things had been different, that was undeniable, but Liri was not certain she could keep up with his changes in mood. One night, the raven was promising to stay by her side and in the days following, he seemed to regret such a decision - avoiding the sylph as if she were diseased. Now, the healer wasn't sure what was going on in Sorin's mind. 

Something weary within begged at her to just forget it, to push it into the dark corners of her mind where everything else went that she had no desire to think about. 

"I hope so, " she murmured aloud, suddenly unable to sound anything but small and unsure.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 12, 2019, 01:15 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - March 12, 2019, 01:56 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 12, 2019, 02:45 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - March 12, 2019, 03:01 PM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 15, 2019, 02:06 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - March 18, 2019, 05:15 PM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 28, 2019, 12:07 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - March 28, 2019, 01:18 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 30, 2019, 01:08 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - April 01, 2019, 03:27 PM