Dragoncrest Cliffs I've never given in to madness, never given in to madness
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
wrapping this up <3

both are too young and too consumed by their own traumas to reach true understanding with each other here, and blixen is neither kind nor patient enough to want to keep trying. she shakes her head and huffs impatiently, annoyed with him suddenly for refusing to cooperate with her. maybe she had made the right decision. "no," the wormana says, tapping her paw, "i don't think -- it doesn't matter." abruptly she gives up and rises. he's not going to understand her point of view and she isn't going to understand his  -- forcing him to sit here and listen to her try and explain won't do anything but sour their relationship even further. 

"i never thought little of you," she says, just because, knowing he probably won't believe her. "but if you really don't get why we had to hold you here, you're more of a fool than i wanted to believe." perhaps its for the best blix has no way of knowing ephraim's secret fantasy (dashed as it may be). she'd have wanted to snuff that dangerous thought the moment it'd appeared. she has no intention of holding him forever, just until she can sort out what to do with verx; and when the dust settles in future days and she realizes he's gotten away, well -- what's one more natrona lose in the wilds when they're on their way out.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
Messages In This Thread
RE: I've never given in to madness, never given in to madness - by Blixen - April 04, 2019, 05:41 PM