Lone Star Mountain She says that it's "a rat race, dog eat dog. Everyone's another cog."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
tagging @Chey and @Vangard your OOC and profile just in case it doesn't go through again for some reason. :)

The Vale is easy to grow comfortable in. Though a few souls have wandered into their claim, she knows it will not be so when the territory is truly theirs. The high walls block out much of the sky but Liri feels no claustrophobia - only a blanket of safety within the curves of the bowl-shaped valley. It is tempting to remain inside the embrace of their newly chosen home yet the healer's paws have taken to wandering - searching for something she cannot name. 

Perhaps the idea of a permanent home has made the wintry fae restless, concern for the future mingling with a fear of losing the few dear ones she had left. Mayhaps she sought recruits for their tiny gathering or maybe it was something entirely unknown. The healer could not say for sure what guided her paws northeast that morning. 

Her back was to the star that the peak was named for - it winked dimly from its point in the lightening sky, a small white flame that would soon be extinguished as the sun's rays crept over the mountains. Pale light filtered dimly through the remaining shroud of fog, soft white plumes billowing about the fae's ankles as she trekked. 

The path would lead her around the edge of the summit, to the flat topping overlooking the Rising Sun Valley to the east. Lone Star Mountain was a a rocky place, devoid of life save for the faint evidence that pointed to the return of the bighorn sheep. The herds would have migrated to winter grazing lands but the return of warmth and the promise of new life would bring them back. 

The Blackfoot paused as she neared a stable stretch of shale, a wide point in the palf that allowed her a view of the Sunspire ranges spreading to the south. The thin atmosphere made her breath pull harshly into her lungs, an itch to cough tickling her throat. The remnants of white cough were fading but not quick enough, the healer thought as she swallowed heavily. 

In a few moments she had caught her breath, looking over the view with a peaceful gaze, pale plume curled neatly about her paws. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."