Phoenix Maplewood I feel it in my bones.
20 Posts
Ooc — Blake
Katora lay in the shade of a thick tree at the edge of a small forest.  Her thick coat, meant for the harsher northern climate, was doing her no favors as the sun shone mercilessly overhead.  She was grateful to have found the stream that led her to this forest.  She had followed it from the north along its winding path.  That had been all well and good in the morning hours, when the sun was diffused along the horizon and angled severely in the east as it rose.  Now, it was all Katora could do to keep from overheating even as she lay there, panting, next to the stream as it continued to wind deep into the forest.  

She had never traveled so far from home before.  In her land, the sun would barely be shining and the grass would not even have thought of shooting past the remaining snow yet.  Her thick winter coat had not fully shed yet which added to her misery.  It was not only bad for her insides, it weighed her down and made hunting more difficult.  A task which was already very difficult considering the mental strain she was experiencing in tandem with the physical.

Her whole pack was gone, died under mysterious circumstances.  They had not been killed, as there was no sign of struggle, or blood upon them.  She had known then that she would need to leave.  Without the necessary numbers to keep her family's coveted lands and borders protected, anyone could come and make a quick end of her.  Leaving the lands that her pack had held onto for so long hurt in ways she could not quite comprehend or describe.  She shook her head to clear the thoughts.  Continuing to survive after such a trauma was difficult enough without continuing to dwell on it.  

As she lay, she thought she heard sounds that were distinct and different from the normal forest sounds.  She raised her head and ears in tandem to better distinguish what she was experiencing.  The wind blew away from her so she could not smell anything different.  She could hear the wanderings of another animal though.  It was only when there was a louder sound that reminded Katora of a falling animal did she get up.  

If it was an animal dying that would be amazing, Katora thought as she picked herself up heavily off the forest floor and went to investigate.
Messages In This Thread
I feel it in my bones. - by Usha - April 29, 2019, 12:30 PM
RE: I feel it in my bones. - by Katora - May 17, 2019, 10:19 PM