Sun Mote Copse Make it a point to tell me when you get to the end
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
When he stepped outside to fetch the stone, Wildfire realized she couldn't bear being alone right now. He'll be right back, she told herself, feeling panic bloom in her chest and creep up her aching throat. She wanted to call out to him.

And then he reappeared. The Sovereign was so relieved that she didn't even pay the stone any attention at first. Fighting her weakness, she reached her smudged snout up to nuzzle him, then tried to coax him to curl up beside her.

Only once he obliged her did Wildfire turn to look at the shard, lustrous even in the den's dim interior. She didn't respond right away, trying to dig back into her past, but she must have been only a few months old at the time. She didn't remember.

"I'm sorry, I don't," she whispered, "but you know what I do remember? When I was thinking of moving to Moonspear, I came to visit Aunt Flea and you were there too. You begged me not to go, because you were afraid I'd get hurt. You told me you loved me. I guess that was the first time." Her eyes crinkled at the corners as she recollected.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Make it a point to tell me when you get to the end - by Wildfire - June 13, 2019, 11:10 PM