Sun Mote Copse of a leather seat between your legs
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin nodded, knowing Tegan's advice was solid and also pretty much her only option. Eljay had always been an emotional wolf that took his time growing comfortable and moving past hardships. The simplest things had always set him back so far, so it made perfect sense that something this tragic would take him so much more to get through than anything had before. Still, it was difficult for Fin to see her children suffer and just sit by, unable to do anything to help them.

Tegan's reaction to her question was... unexpected. She peered at him curiously, only then noting he looked a bit disheveled. And had his ear always been like that? Before Finley could chide herself for being such a terrible mother as to even question whether a torn ear was a new feature or not on her own kid, he was startling her into stillness with his question.

"No," she said immediately, clearly surprised and confused by the suggestion, "Dad and I left because we felt it was the right thing for us. We didn't go so we could be with Eljay or with Clover, or even with Wildfire. We didn't want to raise a new litter on a Plateau half covered in water. And I didn't want to stay in a place that was so hard for me to get around with my stupid hip and all. It wasn't about you being a disappointment. You're not even capable of being a disappointment to me, or to your dad."

It occurred to her that she couldn't really remember what reasons they'd given to their kids for leaving when they'd made their announcement. Clearly whatever they'd said had not been the right thing if it left any of them feeling like this.

Messages In This Thread
of a leather seat between your legs - by Tegan - June 04, 2019, 07:18 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your leg - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 05:09 AM
RE: of a leather seat between your leg - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 07:05 AM
RE: of a leather seat between your leg - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 05:09 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your leg - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 06:53 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 07:44 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 07:56 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 08:08 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 08:11 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 08:25 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 09:16 PM