Sun Mote Copse of a leather seat between your legs
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin didn't really mean to accuse him of anything. She didn't really... Well, she didn't really know what she was aiming for because she mostly just didn't understand what it was her son wanted from her. Not even when he dropped the bomb that had apparently been his whole intention for coming here did she understand. Either because she was too stricken with grief still from what she'd lost, or because she loved him too much to accept what it seemed like he was trying to do.

"Okay," Fin said slowly, clearly confused and trying to comprehend while also trying to not infuriate or hurt her son further. If she knew one thing clearly it was that all of this was coming from a place of hurt--more specifically from a wound she had been the first to cut (though not the last). "But.. Tegan," Fin started, then paused again and just frowned at him sadly, worriedly, and if she was being honest, a bit angrily. And... disappointedly (if that's a word). She knew without needing clarification that he was telling her he planned to leave the Wilds, and she also understood that it was being driven by the fact that he felt so alone after all he'd been through. But still, she struggled to figure out what to say in response to this revelation for a moment, but eventually she just sighed as defeat and exhaustion over trying to keep everything in balance (and failing miserably) overcame her.

"Tegan, you know I love the hell out of you and I will support you in whatever you feel you need to do in your life to make a good one for yourself, and to find one that makes you happy," Fin said, shaking her head, "So I need to know that you're saying good bye to me right now because you truly feel this is your road to happiness, and not because you're trying to spite me and everyone else you feel has wronged you. Because doing shit just to hurt other people doesn't make you feel better. I've tried. It makes you feel worse. So if it really will make you happy, then you're free to say good bye and hurt me as much as you want and I will love you and wish you well with everything that I have and everything that I am. But please don't do this if it's going to just end up hurting you more."

Fin stared at him, tears welling in her eyes for she realized that there was likely no hope for keeping him here. After all, how would Tegan truly understand his motivators and what would come of them if he didn't at least try? All she could hope for was that she might yet get him to promise it wouldn't be good bye forever, unless he really did find a life for himself somewhere else that brought him happiness and that life didn't include her.

Messages In This Thread
of a leather seat between your legs - by Tegan - June 04, 2019, 07:18 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your leg - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 05:09 AM
RE: of a leather seat between your leg - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 07:05 AM
RE: of a leather seat between your leg - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 05:09 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your leg - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 06:53 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 07:44 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 07:56 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 08:08 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 08:11 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Finley - June 06, 2019, 08:25 PM
RE: of a leather seat between your legs - by Tegan - June 06, 2019, 09:16 PM