Whitefish River Lay your eyes, look up upon me for the better
207 Posts
Ooc —
pping @Speedy with permission
He's late — and fairly upset about it. He'd heard the call, of course, but he'd been a bit busy at that exact moment. Perhaps something he'd eaten the day before hadn't settled well, or he's caught some sort of sickness; either way, Winterbourne has been vomiting since he woke. He's managed, for the moment at least, to calm himself enough to hurry toward the source of Evergreen's call — but surely it will come back.
Some part of him still clings to the hope that he might be able to get through the remainder of the meeting, though. He arrives quietly, scanning the gathered wolves for a familiar face and immediately heading for Speedy. He settles next to her, greeting her with a nod. Except, that's a mistake. The movement immediately inspires another overwhelming wave of nausea — and the rest happens very quickly. Bile stings his throat as it rises, and a moment later it's spattering across Speedy's paws and legs as he retches at her feet. Her reaction is instant. He hasn't even finished emptying his own stomach when she begins to vomit in response — and then he's apologizing and she's apologizing and the smell is horrible and all he can think is I really shouldn't have come.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lay your eyes, look up upon me for the better - by Winterbourne - June 17, 2019, 12:47 PM