Whitefish River Lay your eyes, look up upon me for the better
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She smiled at Reiko, her own tail wagging in response to the woman's enthusiasm to see her. It helped ease her sadness to know she already had friends here. 

More wolves came in, most she didn't know, and she smiled as Tobi came to settle next to them, glad to see yet another wolf she already considered a friend. 

When it seemed all who were going to show up had arrived, Evergreen began to speak, and Speedy gave him her undivided attention. He spoke of a hunt, and guilt flashed through her at the realization that she wouldn't be able to help; she would have to find some other way to contribute. 

Next, he introduced the woman at his side, and Speedy offered her a smile. She would need to get to know the other leader and promised herself she would seek the other woman out soon. The mention of defense further piqued her interest, her children coming to mind; she wanted to be able to protect them if the need ever presented itself, and she hoped Ira would be willing to help her learn.

As the meeting progressed, she had started to grow steadily more nauseous; it wasn't uncommon, and she had something she could take that would ease the discomfort, but it would have to wait until the meeting was over; if she felt like she might vomit, she would just have to get up and leave for a few minutes and hopefully everyone would understand. Things weren't going to be that easy, though. Winterbourne soon joined them, and just as she offered him a smile in greeting, he vomited at her feet. The smell was enough to make her own stomach contents rush up into her throat, and before she could move, her last meal was on the ground in front of her. She apologized profusely while insuring him he had no reason to be sorry himself. When the constable began to speak, Speedy tried to listen and not let this distract everyone, but the smell was just too much; she felt her stomach contract again, and she knew she was going to vomit again and would continue to do so unless she cleaned the vomit from her paws.

She stood suddenly. I'm sorry, she said, the words rushrled as she faught to keep from vomiting. I'll be right back. The healer ran, not waiting for anyone's reaction and stopped when she thought it was safe to finally empty her stomach again. Then, she continued her sprint until she reached the water.

Paws sufficiently cleaned, she made her way back to the meeting, face guilty and even more apologetic than before. With a nod to the leaders, she took her seat again, making sure to stay far away from any remnants of the vomit.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lay your eyes, look up upon me for the better - by Speedy - June 19, 2019, 03:18 PM