Blackfeather Woods if I had a voice, I would sing
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
a soft exhale of relief falls free from tense jaws at moonshadow's arrival although it's short lived because what use is the presence of another if they can't get them out? the darker woman simply shoots a look of pure panic in her direction and the decima inhales slowly, trying to fight back dark pessimistic thoughts; 'yay moonshadow's here, so now you's can watch your own woods kill two of its children together...'. she fails. still it's become quite clear that it is her that has to be the strong one here, moonshadow's child was down there so it would be unreasonable to push it on her and since the two on the ledge were children she clearly couldn't demand they find a way. it was on her. she'd been handed responsibility on large levels several times but there was a new difference at play here; any mistake on her part could result in the deaths or horrific injuries of wolves she cared about. now that was new, and not something she found herself liking.

she steadies herself with a low exhale, nodding at moonshadow. dammit she couldn't be flipping out now so with a blink she hoped seemed calm and reassuring in the other woman's direction, she focuses back down on the two as rowan's voice echoed towards them, bouncing through the ravine. she's hurt...her dark gaze shifts to the silent girl, squinting hard as bertók hops closer to her leg, is it hanging weirdly? it definitely seems to be what the bird wanted her to look at and she chewed at her lip, only able to silently beg that it wasn't broken. at least rowan seemed okay and she smiled weakly down at the boy; "good..thanks rowan you're being very brave...do you see her leg? the one bertók- the bird's at, describe it to me does it look strange?she was no healer but she'd seen and had her own fair share of injuries, it had made her good at recognizing them at least. 

while waiting she starts to inspect the area, calling down absentmindedly; "hey-she doesn't know her name, fuck sake she had to have been told it before if she could just remember...she can't. casting a helpless look in moonshadow's direction she pushes on anyway "can you hear me? i need you to stay awake no matter what okay?she didn't know if the girl was frightened or out of it but she couldn't have her passing out, she refrained from asking her about her injury too for fear inspecting it would make it worse, hopefully rowan's description would help without freaking out the girl too much. the wall was uneven in places and frowning carefully she tried making out a sort of trail that led them close enough to at least be grabbed. the footholds were narrow though and there was so many rocks in the way, no way they'd get the whole way up without falling. she clucks her tongue and the raven lifts from the ledge and floats up towards her; "start knocking rocks out of the way and see if you can form some sort of decent trail up..just make sure none hit themit's muttered lowly as she turns to the packmate at her side. 

"luckily the side of the gorge where they've fallen isn't the steepest, bertók's going to inspect it closer and try and move anything in the way of a potential trail but i wouldn't trust them to be able to climb it themselves....can you try and find a vine of any sort and as long and strong as it can be..maybe they could use that to balance themselves...really she's grabbing helplessly for ideas, could the girl even walk? one wrong limp could send her over the edge it was a stupid idea but what else..."i might have to go down..she mumbles, feeling an oddly bitter pang. it was the first time in a while that she envied the hollow detachedness of a past her, she'd never have risked her own life in such a manner for two others yet here she was- ready to do exactly that.

for now though, she waited.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 06, 2019, 03:15 PM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Rowan - August 13, 2019, 09:55 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 14, 2019, 04:49 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Rowan - August 14, 2019, 05:10 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 14, 2019, 09:34 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Rowan - August 14, 2019, 09:52 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 14, 2019, 10:04 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Rowan - August 14, 2019, 10:25 AM
RE: if I had a voice, I would sing - by Hela - August 14, 2019, 10:31 AM