Sun Mote Copse It is raining in my heart
we are biding our time, for these myths to unwind
248 Posts
Ooc —
I will formally request the trade shortly! But figured, writing about it, would be a good way for her to show ICly she's ready!

Weejay's ears were perked in full as Wraen paused, summing up the word that came to mind. Botanist. It had a ring to it that enamored Weejay immediately; her little tail wagged as Wraen continued, detailing just how 'botanist' fell within the spectrum of 'Naturalist'.

Weejay thought it was all quite fascinating -- but most of all the last part. "Oh! I know!!" She blurted, excited to share what she had learned from her little jaunts into the woods. "It's true! Sometimes I've noticed the maple tree outside of our old den will get weird before it's about to storm. It gets listless! And the leaves, you can see the underside of them. But also, I noticed that the sunflowers like to follow the sun!!" Unfortunately for Wraen, Weej could talk about plants, trees, and flora all day long. If she wanted to slip a word in edgewise, she might have to physically clamp Weejay's mouth shut. "I know about healing plants too!! Daddy told me he used this moss, it's the one that grows on the river over there -" Weejay pointed excitedly towards the river that Elfie had dug his trench, and Weejay had declared one of her first plants: "I call it moonmoss, because it makes these tiny little pale round flowers - but they're good for stemming blood! And, I use them sometimes to water the crinkle-flowers Aengus got me. You can roll them in a little ball, and they die," Weejay's expression grew momentarily upset, but lifted: "but the moss and the soilpack keep in moisture, so it's good for getting water when it isn't raining much. Oh, and!!" Weejay's eyes lit up. "did you know some trees talk to one another?" She was being dead serious. "Aengus -- that's my friend -- and I found a patch of cypress trees! We were looking for them, because he has a relative named Cypress and it's also his middle name, and I wanted to show him the trees! Did you know they get really tall? And sometimes, their root networks touch each other!! So if one tree is sick, they send it nutrients. There aren't a lot of plants that do that, but trees do! Isn't that cool?" Wraen, now was your chance to shut Weejay up, lest the floodgates open..
so hold nice and close the ones who get to your soul,
so that when it is cold, you wont feel so alone
Messages In This Thread
It is raining in my heart - by Wraen - October 24, 2019, 12:13 PM
RE: It is raining in my heart - by Weejay - October 29, 2019, 12:27 PM
RE: It is raining in my heart - by Wraen - October 29, 2019, 02:45 PM
RE: It is raining in my heart - by Weejay - November 18, 2019, 07:45 AM
RE: It is raining in my heart - by Wraen - November 19, 2019, 02:58 PM
RE: It is raining in my heart - by Weejay - December 02, 2019, 12:50 PM
RE: It is raining in my heart - by Wraen - December 08, 2019, 03:02 PM
RE: It is raining in my heart - by Weejay - December 17, 2019, 06:24 PM
RE: It is raining in my heart - by Wraen - December 20, 2019, 04:51 PM