Herbalists' Cache Tomorrow, I'll switch the beat to avoid yesterday's dance
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He wasn't surprised that Lainie didn't approach this situation as potentially dangerous; she was never careful enough. But as the adrenaline began to diminish and he studied the woman a little more, she mostly seemed scared of him, and he didn't really blame her. He had automatically assumed the worst, and started in a defensive place. He felt a little pang of guilt, but decided it couldn't be helped. They were without a pack, and his last remaining child's safety depended solely on him; assuming the worst in every situation seemed like the most effective way to keep them safe. He sent an exasperated look Lainie's way. He wondered if she would ever listen to him about how dangerous the world could be. You'd think after injuring herself so badly, she might have some reservations, but she seemed to be the same stubborn, reckless Lainie. It sacred him, but it was something he would try and discuss with her later, for whatever good it would do. 

His interest piqued at the mention of a group, though. He couldn't deny how drawn he was to the idea of having some kind of stability in their lives. They had been wandering around for too long, and it was only getting colder and more dangerous. The winter would not be an easy time for anyone without a pack; it never was, but it would be even more difficult this year with the disappearance of all substantial prey. The thought of trying to get through that without any help was keeping him up at night along with many other things. While he was silently considering what she had said, she introduced herself, and recognition washed over his tense features. Ibis? he said first, eyebrows drawing together pensively. You visited Swiftcurrent Creek over the summer, right? You met my ma— he stumbled over the word, pausing for a second before continuing. —my former mate, Rosalie. He didn't like to talk about his deceased mates or children, but it couldn't always be avoided. And I met your Aunt Sarah not too long ago while out exploring the lake near what used to be my territory. He dipped his head then. I am Kavik, former Alpha of Swiftcurrent Creek, he offered next. I apologize for my behavior, Ibis. It has been rough for us lately, and I can never be sure who to trust. Lainie is my daughter, and her safety is my first priority. Surely she would understand why he had to be so defensive at first. 

If your group is looking for more members, we are in need of a safe place now that we are without a pack. I can offer whatever you need in return. I am a skilled guardian and could help keep the pack safe through the winter. My daughter is young still but intelligent and eager to learn. I think we could repay your kindness if allowed to join your group. Of course, he wouldn't blame her for turning them away either. It could be hard to feed a large group even in the best times, and they hadn't exactly started out on the right foot.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread