Overture Downs but if I keep going crazy like this
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The man confirmed his name as Kove. And then, Kove asked if he should leave. Suddenly Star felt overcome with shame- he had seen her fear. Had it been that obvious? She cursed herself for letting her eyes and movement betray her feelings. Even through that small action, she had already made it clear to him that he still had power over her. 

No. 

She was his equal now, she would not allow herself to be scared of him. Before responding she took a few deliberate steps toward him, as if to say, I'm not scared of you anymore. As she got closer, something became clearer. He was no longer the powerful young man he was so many years ago. Age was reaching him just as it was reaching her. He was old now. Maybe it was just an illusion of his old age, but he seemed to have a greater gentleness to him. And though she had made herself act as if she was fearless, now she felt on some level that she really was. She had nothing to fear from this old man on the last leg of his life. 

"No, no... It's okay. You shouldn't," She responded. There was a moment of silence before she spoke up again, "It has been a long time. I shouldn't dwell on it anymore. It was my fault, for trespassing." It pained her a bit to say those words. She stared awkwardly at her feet as she spoke, avoiding eye contact as she accepted the blame. It was hard, forcing herself to forgive him on the spot like that. But she felt that perhaps it was the right thing to do. Who was she to hold a grudge against this old man who had never scarred her physically? She had been the one who had gotten high and trespassed, it was an idiot thing to do. And even though their torture and interrogation had pained her so greatly, she could not help but feel that it was her own fault. 

"So... how have things fared with you, with Blackfeather?" She inquired, some part of her hoping that Blackfeather had fallen. How her heart would hurt, to hear that after almost five years, the pack remained. Of course, she had no idea that the man had moved on from his darker past towards a better lifestyle. Or that Blackfeather had shifted their morals as a whole.
Messages In This Thread
but if I keep going crazy like this - by RIP Star - November 10, 2019, 10:14 PM
RE: but if I keep going crazy like this - by Kove - November 10, 2019, 11:57 PM
RE: but if I keep going crazy like this - by RIP Star - November 11, 2019, 07:11 PM
RE: but if I keep going crazy like this - by Kove - November 18, 2019, 01:32 AM
RE: but if I keep going crazy like this - by RIP Star - November 18, 2019, 01:00 PM
RE: but if I keep going crazy like this - by Kove - November 20, 2019, 08:11 PM
RE: but if I keep going crazy like this - by RIP Star - November 26, 2019, 08:44 PM
RE: but if I keep going crazy like this - by Kove - December 05, 2019, 12:04 AM
RE: but if I keep going crazy like this - by RIP Star - December 21, 2019, 02:53 PM