Greatwater Lake I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
ears lean forward as she leans in to his every syllable; head tilted slightly to the side as she regards him with something akin to bemusement. sitting in the literal freezing waters of a lake and chatting her up as if nothing were odd about the entire situation, lips turn upwards slightly. sidling closer so that the water laps hungrily at her toes, she gives in to the smirk so that it blossoms across softened features. despite knowing the true meaning of what he says, she decides to purposely take it too literal as a snort accompanies words strung with impish intentions. "perhaps i lost more of my memory than i initially registered because i do not recall ever meeting quite like this nor did i ever imagine i would come across you taking a well earned rest in the treacherously chilled waters of this lovely lakeher tail flicks at her hocks as another slow step has her paws covered by the water whilst it ripples with excitement at the prospect of getting to claim her slight body. 

a soft sigh shifts forth at his next enquiry, rare hints of playfulness subsiding at the depressing element of what her reply would have to entail. glancing back in the direction of blackfeather, her head shakes whilst shoulders sag slightly. "noshe glances back towards him, hesitant. seconds slip by before she inhales slowly and straightens to stand taller again, eyes flashing. "i..wasn't doing great so i joined the first pack i came across, which is courtfall- it's in the mountains. i'm sorry i didn't come to rusalka, i would've! i was just stubborn and eventually ran out of time...i did find the woods eventually but i was too late, not that i could've just gone back but they aren't even there anymore. i met them just before they planned to departit's spoken listlessly as if she were simply reciting a passage from memory, refusing to let building emotions taint her tone as eyes grow reproachful in preparation to grow defensive.

deep down she even knows now that he would not be the type to attempt using any stray emotions against her and yet still she cannot bring herself to fall into a vulnerable state. he'd admired the soldier she'd been raised to be, not the mess she was becoming. 

ears lean back slightly as her eyes lift to the skies, desperately drinking in the familiar form of bertók as he continued to circle curiously above. her little piece of home, always by her side.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door - by Tundra - December 25, 2019, 03:07 PM