Emberwood Only good things avoided me
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
i tend to not do it, either, lmao. as long as most points of conversation are touched on and there’s something to respond to, i don’t worry too much about length

When the other laughed, Kaori smiled; a joyful mood was often contagious, she found. “I am sure I would do far worse pronouncing it,” she admitted with a chuckle. “It can be difficult to say words from worlds different from our own.” Although the Draconids were known for being open-minded and welcoming overall, they still had their own culture and values to honour. Whilst some dabbled in other languages and were capable of a wide variety of speech, many stuck to the tongue of the family or that of the common folk; even Kaori, as curious as she had always been, never sought out knowledge pertaining to other languages.

Grezig responded that she was unsure, that she only recently joined the tribe. “Perhaps I will have to visit and ask again when you are more familiar with them,” she mused; although it was merely her attempt at humour, she was not against visiting again, given the kindness she was met with.

“It does. It is a name,” she explained. Ryūjin was the name given to Sunbeam Lair by my mother, back when she led a tribe there. She told me once that the name also belonged to an ancient King of the Dragons, an ancestor of our family.” A mighty king, however, his might was not great enough to pass into the realm of the living and enter a vessel as Draco did throughout the generations—Kaori often wondered if it was truly his limited might that held him back, or if he was simply waiting for the right opportunity.
Messages In This Thread
Only good things avoided me - by Kaori - December 28, 2019, 08:25 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by RIP Grezig - December 28, 2019, 08:33 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by Kaori - December 28, 2019, 08:49 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by RIP Grezig - December 28, 2019, 08:58 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by Kaori - December 28, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by RIP Grezig - December 28, 2019, 09:41 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by Kaori - December 28, 2019, 10:03 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by RIP Grezig - December 28, 2019, 10:15 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by Kaori - December 28, 2019, 10:56 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by RIP Grezig - December 28, 2019, 11:47 PM
RE: Only good things avoided me - by Kaori - December 29, 2019, 12:40 AM