Emberwood i'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
She greeted him in return, seeming to pause awkwardly for a few moments before inclining her head some to him. He wondered what that had all been about and probably would have asked had she not began to speak again. The subject she brought up was not one he was expecting, and he studied her quietly as she spoke, his expression blank. He loved being a father and he loved all of his children, but was he really the best option for her? Look at his track record—he had lost half of his children before they reached a year of age, and it had been his fault; why would she want to bring that kind of misfortune into her life. He swallowed and backed away, turning to pacing a few steps before finally sitting back down. He closed his eyes and shook his head. My rank does not offer me the right to breed freely, he started quietly. Only Ibis has that right, but I think she would let me have children if I wanted them. Emphasis on if. He paused and released a tired sigh. But Grezig—is that really what you want? His gaze was tortured as it found hers once more. I'm not who I once was...I'm—broken. He hadn't admitted that out loud to anyone yet, but it didn't come with any of the relief that might usually come with sharing such a burden. Instead he just felt exposed and his pain seemed almost unbearable now that it was out in the open instead of forced deep down inside where he could hide it and pretend he wasn't constantly suffering. I don't know if I'll ever not be. He looked away again. Best that she knew the truth now before this went any further.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear - by RIP Kavik - January 03, 2020, 09:54 PM