Whitebark Stream And go with you, I'll go with you
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
All Welcome 
The day started as any other: he patrolled, hunted, brought food to his family, and as the sun set over the stream, he slowly made his way along the borders. He would normally have settled in the rendezvous spot for the night, but a tightness in his chest made him wander this evening. It was different than his normal anxious feeling; he knew that feeling well. This felt like there was no more room in his chest for his lungs or heart. 

For a few minutes, he was overcome with a coughing spell. The coughing had been occasional for a while, something he had tried to ignore as well as keep from anyone else. Not that he had spent time around many in the pack anyway. He had really only taken on the role as father lately because that seemed to be all he had the energy for. He didn't mind, though, he loved watching @Alsek and @Pele grow under Grezig's watchful eye. 

He drew in a few ragged breaths and stood again, clearing his throat as he began to move. His thoughts were of his family tonight. He hoped @Rosalie and @Alessia were okay. He knew @Soter and @Morena would have grown into strong, capable adults in their care wherever they all were. He hoped @Polaris still kept her soft heart and her fierce devotion to family as she wandered the world and he hoped the same for @Lainie, his sweet, sensitive daughter. Wherever she was, he hoped she was happy and healing and knew how strong he thought she was.

His thoughts drifted to his oldest sons, @Helios and @Zephyr. He had no idea where Helios was now. His strength had always been obvious, though, and he knew he was thriving. And Zephyr—things had never been easy for him or between them. They had been cursed from the start, but Kavik hoped he still knew how much he loved him and hoped for him to find happiness. 

He had to sit and cough again, his sides aching from the constant attacks. As he regained his strength he thought everyone else who had been in his life and meant something to him. @Liri, who he had failed—he would never forgive himself for that. She had helped him lead his first pack, and he still looked back on those days with fondness. He thought of @Agana too, and wondered where the mysterious woman was. And had he known of @Astraeus, he would have sent love his way, as well. 

He coughed again, white foam spewing from his mouth. For a few seconds, he couldn't catch his breath. He slid to the ground, gasping for air. And when he finally caught his breath again, he only coughed some more. Finally, he collapsed over onto his side, his entire body moving as he tried to draw in breath through the fluid in his throat. He coughed again and more fluid came up. This happened again and again until he could no longer find the strength to breath.

Darkness surrounded him then. It was like a dream, only deep down, he knew it wasn't. He knew where he was going and for for his last few minutes of consciousness, only his family filled his mind. Wherever they all were, he hoped they knew he loved them. He had always expected to feel regret in his last moments but strangely, all he felt was relief. 

Only a few more seconds passed before his chest became motionless. Only a few more sluggish, faint heart beats were left before his heart stopped too. 

Thanks for everything buddy. I'll miss you <3
I'll archive after 1 week
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
And go with you, I'll go with you - by RIP Kavik - May 19, 2020, 08:15 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Rosewood - May 19, 2020, 09:19 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Pele - May 19, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Rosewood - May 19, 2020, 09:53 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Chai - May 19, 2020, 10:19 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Artyom - May 20, 2020, 05:29 AM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Chai - June 09, 2020, 08:41 PM