Whitebark Stream And go with you, I'll go with you
139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Having been back in Whitebark Stream for some time now, after a brief period of travelling, Chai was trying to settle back into a routine. Her friend, Reiko was on her mind often these days and she looked forward to when the time came that she could visit her. Things had always been relatively peaceful within the pack, and for that, Chai was thankful. But tonight, the air had a certain sense of uneasiness weaved within it. She couldn't pinpoint why, but it was enough to keep the young woman from falling sound asleep in the cozy depths of her den.

Voices in the night stirred her further. She blinked, glacial eyes bleary, lifting her head. Hoping they'd settle, she laid her head down over her cream paws once again. Only when they escalated into shouting, did Chai force herself up, crawling out into the open to see what the all the fuss was about. The voices seemed to belong to children - both of which she knew, but had never formally interacted with. 

Crossing the open ground, she followed the trail of their scents, letting their voices further guide her. With a faint smirk, she mused that they were just being rowdy kids, tussling about to tire themselves out before bedtime. As their forms came into view, the scene that was playing out before her eyes was not one of innocent harmony. And even more concerning... There, beside them, laid the two bodies of their parents. Grezig and Kavik. Little Alsek was tucked under his mother's forelimb, while Pele was scolding him. The actions of the toddlers wasn't what concerned her. It was the parents. Their bodies laid at an unnatural angle, lying too still. Sucking in a dreadful breath, Chai circled them with a wide berth. The froth at Kavik's lips...the half lidded, blank eyes of once thriving wolves who she would never know. Already, the scent of death was setting in, the picture painted so clearly before her.

Trying not to let the tears well up in her eyes, she silently looked upon the new pair of orphans. They didn't understand - their hearts and minds were too innocent. Too young. Far too young to have their parents ripped from their lives so early. Bending her head down with a heavy sigh that reflected the sadness she felt, Chai then followed through with the difficult decision, being the first adult to have happened upon this tragedy. She picked her head up and called for the pack, most specifically @Artyom and @Dawn, her voice a low, mournful cry that pierced the night.

Messages In This Thread
And go with you, I'll go with you - by RIP Kavik - May 19, 2020, 08:15 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Rosewood - May 19, 2020, 09:19 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Pele - May 19, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Rosewood - May 19, 2020, 09:53 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Chai - May 19, 2020, 10:19 PM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Artyom - May 20, 2020, 05:29 AM
RE: And go with you, I'll go with you - by Chai - June 09, 2020, 08:41 PM