Whitefish River I could really use a wish right now
61 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Th-thump, th-thump, th-thump.

The soft, comforting background noise of this universe was all the young prince had ever known, and all he thought he would ever know. He couldn't hear it of course, but the thrum of his mother's heart could be felt by he and all who occupied this space with him. It kept him subdued, quiet, awaiting something he could not quite be certain of...until it finally happened.

It took him by surprise; the world around him suddenly shifted, writhed, and the gentle beating had quickly turned into a thunderous drumbeat, steadily increasing until it faded from focus and memory both. For next was the shock of cold that snaked its icy fingers around his entire body, so stark a contrast to the usual warm embrace of the womb that it froze young Haruki in place. He did not cry, he did not move, very much dead on arrival to the unprepared onlooker.

That was until Reiko's tongue began hurriedly swiping over his body, causing it to tense and twitch as he was broken free and finally able to take his first breath. Life flooded back into his limbs, air reaching his lungs before being expelled in squeaking gasps and cries. He was quickly ushered over out of the cold and into another warm place, different, yet somehow the same. Haruki continued his squeals of displeasure until his tiny mouth found a teet, which he then greedily latched onto and finally settled in place, becoming as silent as he was only moments before.
Messages In This Thread
I could really use a wish right now - by Reiko - May 24, 2020, 11:00 PM
RE: I could really use a wish right now - by Haruki - May 25, 2020, 12:22 AM
RE: I could really use a wish right now - by Hotaru - May 25, 2020, 12:37 AM
RE: I could really use a wish right now - by Reiko - May 25, 2020, 12:54 AM
RE: I could really use a wish right now - by Sumi - May 25, 2020, 01:12 AM
RE: I could really use a wish right now - by Reiko - May 27, 2020, 01:44 PM