Moonspear And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Muh-room was pretty close, close enough for his purposes--so said so with a nod. Yup, and they tend to grow on old soggy wood sometimes. So fallen logs, or at the bottom of trees, sometimes make for good spots to check for them, he detailed with a lasting smirk, happy to see his son's excitement over the prospect. Of course, this was also veering into the territory of mushrooms being involved in the process of decay.. but he also was not opening that endless void of mysteries, either.

Next question, too, was also a more complicated matter than he was ready to unpack on a pup so young, but he would do his best. It was a brown mushroom, so he was pretty sure this one was fine. It didn't raise any alarms in him, so he wasn't bothered when Saviguk gave it a little snip. Some of them you can eat. Some actually make for a decent snack if other food is hard to find, he explained, remembering those lessons of his own when he pulled them from his mother--from the edible ones to the viking tradition of berserkirs, and whatever else came up in-between. The world of mushrooms was startlingly large.

He would have to show him a maitake when the autumn got closer. Those were pretty tasty, honestly, but now was too soon to find one. But that's the tricky part with mushrooms--some of them are actually very poisonous and can make you sick, his tone went a bit more serious then. If they're brightly colored, or have white parts underneath, or have a ring around the stem, that's usually a bad sign. Sometimes, the bad ones just smell nasty too... kind of like pee, or worse, honestly. he explained on. So it's best to not eat too much of one you don't know. Later in the summer, there's a kind that grows then that is very edible--it actually kind of tastes like bird meat. I'll show you as soon as I spot one, he promised with a wink.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Saviguk - July 05, 2020, 09:36 PM
RE: And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Jarilo - July 07, 2020, 12:49 AM
RE: And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Saviguk - July 30, 2020, 08:07 PM
RE: And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Jarilo - August 09, 2020, 03:11 AM
RE: And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Saviguk - September 14, 2020, 08:48 PM
RE: And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Jarilo - September 22, 2020, 11:54 PM
RE: And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Saviguk - October 15, 2020, 10:03 PM
RE: And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Jarilo - November 02, 2020, 11:08 PM
RE: And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Saviguk - November 05, 2020, 06:43 PM
RE: And I Said Nothin Will Stop Me Now - by Jarilo - November 10, 2020, 12:29 AM