Redsand Canyon the world is going to break you
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Joining 
@Donovan Azura @Derg (forward dated for tomorrow.)

Night could be mysterious - a shroud, a cover of darkness, perfect for concealing the predatory and vile urges of nocturnal and necrotic alike. But the rising sun and breaking of day would, without fail, shed light upon the aftermath. 

Such was how the day rose to find her. 

The light came first, soft and golden, creeping over the distant peaks of western ranges to color the ravine just beyond the thing's paws in all shade of crimson and purple - like the bruised canvas of its skin. Gently, it encased her, submerging her in warmth wherever the subconscious slumbered. 

Twisted and splayed haphazardly, the corpse appeared to have been dropped unceremoniously - a ragdoll or child's plaything tossed aside, broken and useless. Slumped, head lolled: ripped open, painted red, and left on display for the world. 

Birdsong and the hum of insects would follow, though the creature would not hear, to herald the start of a new day (deceptively like the last) and the end of a hellish night. 

Such was how they would find her, whomever they might be, just feet beyond the borders. A tattered thing, somewhere between lupine and canine, somewhere between life and death.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
the world is going to break you - by Necahual - July 27, 2020, 08:12 PM
RE: the world is going to break you - by Necahual - July 28, 2020, 04:36 AM
RE: the world is going to break you - by Derg - July 28, 2020, 06:29 AM
RE: the world is going to break you - by Necahual - July 30, 2020, 01:24 PM
RE: the world is going to break you - by Derg - August 01, 2020, 01:50 PM