Redsand Canyon the lady who played hide-and-seek with death
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
All Welcome 
AW but @Dove if you don't mind? :) (set in territory #12, Blood-soaked Beach, dated before the BWP)

Eventually, she found the strength to wander from the caverns. 

Strangely, she may have been one of the best equipped for life in the desert. The land mimicked her first posting, a terrain she had conquered once before - and despite her northern blood, her coat was thin like a domestic dog's. She made the most of this, retreating to rest in the light like the cougars that had once claimed this dominion. 

A ghost or spirit she might've seemed to the others - hidden away reclusively in recovery, venturing out in the moonlight painted in the dried blood of the canyons. 

In the first few days it was all she could do to explore the territory - first by walking and then by running, as a child would learn. When her legs could bear her own insubstantial weight, the agony of aquatherapy began. 

Nightly, she conditioned her atrophied muscles and weak limbs in the water. And when that came too easily, she sparred ghosts. 

Sodden from the swim, taut with fire, she danced across the sangria dunes - whirling, facing invisible opponents, pacing through the steps Yuudai had taught her. 

Such how was the witching hour found her, panting and shifting through strategies - battling some unseen demons.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
the lady who played hide-and-seek with death - by Necahual - August 05, 2020, 07:08 PM